Thursday 4 October 2012

today`s workout is inspired by Rossboxing.com`s burpee sprints. He alternates burpees with shadowboxing, 30 secs burpees, 30 shadow box, for 3 mins rest one minute. This equals one round. Repeat as desired. This is a nice workout, but can`t do burpees with a fake hip, and arnis has lots of weapons not just hands. So today i did :

2 rounds alternating clubbell swipes with empty hand shadow boxing, or carrenza (FMA for shadow work)  instead of the swipes, you could do kettlebell, or dumbbell swings, or even burpees, something full body.  Whatever exercise you pick, count the reps first time through, and try to stay within 2 reps.  this is sprinting.

2 rounds alternating williams pushups with stick work. A williams pushup is a push up where on the up portion, you pull the knees into the gut (like the bottom half of a burpee), on the down, they shoot out again.  You do this like i do, with my feet on furniture sliders so that there is no impact, except on the cardio system. Again full body.

2 rounds alternating self row with knife, or small tools work (ie, cell phone, i pad, etc, usually in pikal)

1 round resisted squats, or jump squats. I use resistance bands with a bar, and do a zercher squat where the bar rests in my elbow crooks, and i keep my hands in a high guard, this makes me concentrate on staying upright. I like the resistance band because at the bottom, where my hip is most vulnerable there is low to no resistance. I alternate this with ground work that may include tools.

Notice there is no sidesword and shield work here.  Two reasons, one, takes too long to get the shield on and off, and two, and most important, my technique is not wired in enough yet.... it would quite possibly degenerate as i went.  Only do this work out using techniques that you have thoroughly wired in.

Big shout out to my Cut Above students....you inspire me to keep training and researching.

No comments:

Post a Comment